Heading East? Get on board!
EastBound88 is a place for people with Asian ancestry and/or Asian interests to hang out, socialize, and discuss just about anything, from their mundane daily life to abstract thought-provoking philosophical questions. You can also find here all discussions related to Asia, from modern economic development and politics to ancient history and culture. Whether you're someone of Asian ancestry trying to learn about your heritage or just simply a person interested in Asian cultures and/or affairs, you'll find this board informative and enjoyable.
To keep the forum a pleasant place for everyone’s stay, we do ask that you abide by the Forum Rule 101 and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
Forum Rule 101
1. No pornographic material allowed on the forum, including the the Spam Box section. Your posts will be deleted if they contain pornographic materials. Persisting violation of this rule might lead to an infraction or a ban.
2. Sexual harassment is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in an infraction or a ban.
3. Spamming is not allowed. If you want to advertise your sites, please contact the Admin. Do not spam this site with advertisements as your account will be banned and all your posts and messages will be automatically deleted.
4. Malicious contents in posts/signatures or links directing to unsafe sites that possess virus, malware, or trojan are strictly prohibited. Hacking is not tolerated. Failure will do so will result in proxy ban, ISP ban, or in major case, prosecution.
5. Take a moment of consideration before opening a topic. Make sure that you post it in the relevant section or else it will be moved to the appropriate place.
6. Topic titles should be as descriptive as possible. Also, an opening post should have something more than just a link, picture, or a video. Any topic with a nonsensical title or with an opening post containing link(s), picture(s), and/or video(s) without any explanation pertaining to the discussion will be moved to the Spam Box section. Exceptions will be made only for topics started clearly for the purpose of sharing links, pictures, and/or videos (note that these topics must be in accordance with the other forum rules as well).
7. Do not derail relevant discussion. Excessive spamming or off-topic posts will result in your posts being deleted or deduction to your post count at discretion of administrators.
8. In posting news, please try to include the original link and comply fully with copyright laws. Failure to do so will force moderators to modify or delete your posts/topics.
9. Do not offend any ethnic or racial group. Criticisms are okay, but they must be made in a constructive manner, not in a way to degrade an ethnic or racial group.
10. Be respectful to other members. Show maturity when debating in the serious sections. Do not make any personal attack simply because somebody doesn't share your view. You can challenge their perspective, but do so without any personal insult.
11. Do not instigate a fight. Inflammatory posts will not be tolerated. Do not expect others to think you’re joking when you’re clearly being a douche.
12. Watch your language. Vulgar terms and profanities will be edited out by moderators.
13. If your posts or topics violate rule #9-12, they might be edited, deleted, or moved to the spam box. Depending on the degree of violation, a warning or an infraction might be given.
14. The Spam Box section is a moderation-free section. Do not report a post in this section unless excessive attacks hurt your integrity and/or personal information is being released to public eyes without your consent (ie, your personal data or picture), then moderator intervention is required.
15. Do not abuse the PM box and profile comment section for spamming or harassing. Abusive PMs reported by victim members will result in multiple infractions and/or banning of your account.
16. Do not abuse the reputation system as outlined in the "Reputation and Promotion System". A continuous pattern of repping each other on the basis of gaining reputation points/powers is a clear indication of system violation. Violating the system will have half of your reputation points/powers deducted.
17. Avatar size must be a maximum of 150x150 pixel. Signatures must abide to Rule #1 and #12. No oversized signature (should not take up more than 1/3 of the page vertically). Failure to do so will result in a warning.
18. Due to the cultural diversity of this board, each subforum might have additional rules to suit the need of prospective posters. Please respect the rules and moderators in all subforums.
* In addition, a set of ChatBox rules are implemented to safeguard the integrity and consistency of the Forum Rules:
The following behaviors are prohibited in the ChatBox:
1. posting graphic images depicting nudity, gore, or excessive violence
2. posting links to such images, or to pornographic videos and/or websites
3. posting images larger than 500x500 pixels
4. releasing another member’s personal information without his/her consent
Messages violating these rules may be altered or deleted by moderation staff at any time. Repeat offenders will be banned from the ChatBox.
Although the administrators and moderators of EastBound's Community Discussion will attempt to keep all objectionable messages and questionable contents off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. Allow us up to 24 hours to respond accordingly.
Furthermore, all messages express the views of the respective authors. The administrators and moderators of EastBound's Community Discussion, and vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will not be held responsible for the content of any message not written by themselves.
By joining this site, you agree to accept and comply to all rules of this forum. You also acknowledge that we reserve the right to modify the rules any time as we see fit and you will comply to any modification or changes made to the rules.
The administrators and moderators of EastBound's Community Discussion reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of EastBound's Community Discussion will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of EastBound's Community Discussion, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of EastBound's Community Discussion reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.