Yo, get on the train!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Master

Gameroom Cash
    $27566
    Rep Point

Different beauty standards in Asian countries

Asians in Asian countries (East Asia and SE Asia) tend to prefer cute girls whereas westerners prefer hot and sexy girls in general.
    But I think there's also variation within Asian countries.
    For instance, in Japan cute and short girls are very popular but not so much in Korea.
    There are Koreans that like short and cute girls but in general Koreans prefer taller girls (but it's not the same as the hot and sexy girls preferred in western countries).

For example, when girls generation first debuted in Japan, I heard that they weren't very popular among Japanese males. Their popularity was limited to Japanese females at first.
    Girls generation didn't appeal to Japanese males at first because they were not the short and cute types common in Japanese girl groups.
    Picture of girls generation:

On the other hand, short and cute types in Korean girl groups who didn't get much attention in Korea tend to get more attention in Japan.
    For instance, Boram from T-ara (the girl I posted in "how old does she look") got more attention than her other members because she's cute and short.
    She's barely 5 feet tall, looks young, and cute. She isn't that popular in Korea but in Japan she got the most attention compared to other members.

Tell us what beauty standard is like in other Asian country. Add some pictures too as an example if it's not too much trouble.
    Also, tell me what you prefer, cute or sexy. I'm kind of in between.
    Last edited by gaon; 04-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

Master

Gameroom Cash
    $29854
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

Is reality too painful that people have to occupy their mind, and time with worthless stuff? Billions of people are suffering, being ****ed by assholes, and injustices, and people are obsessed with worthless crap. We need a war to toughen people, because denying reality will not let it go way. Life is not about cute girls, and puppies, but mean people with infinite wants.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Red Sage; 04-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Elder

Gameroom Cash
    $8503
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

**Hidden Content: Reply to Unlock**

No provoking other ethnic groups.

Master

Gameroom Cash
    $27566
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by bloodlust View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is reality too painful that people have to occupy their mind, and time with worthless stuff? Billions of people are suffering, being ****ed by assholes, and injustices, and people are obsessed with worthless crap. We need a war to toughen people, because denying reality will not let it go way. Life is not about cute girls, and puppies, but mean people with infinite wants.
    lol what's so wrong talking about some non-serious, worthless stuff? You can't always be talking about serious topics

Gameroom Cash
    $17516
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by oolong View Post
    **Hidden Content: Reply to Unlock**

No provoking other ethnic groups.
    What's the purpose of saying that? More like there's been too much trolling and exaggerations ping-ponged/snowballed and then there are some people who pretend there's no such thing as plastic surgery in their own countries. You know it gets old.

Elder

Gameroom Cash
    $8503
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

^proving my point.

Gameroom Cash
    $17516
    Rep Point

^ Too predictable but nobody "freaked out". It is you who bring it up and if anybody makes a relevant comment, it proves your "point"?

Back on topic, SNSD girls in the OP's example aren't tall except for a couple of members. They just have decent body proportions overall and wear high heels.

Elder

Gameroom Cash
    $8503
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

^Yeah.

Also could you check if theres something wrong with the posts counting feature?Cuz Ive posted like 8 posts in the past half an hour and my post count is still 517.It didnt increase.

Last edited by oolong; 04-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Gameroom Cash
    $17516
    Rep Point

^ Can you ask it in Questions and Feedback? I'm not in charge of that.

Elder

Gameroom Cash
    $8503
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

^You ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gaon View Post
    Asians in Asian countries (East Asia and SE Asia) tend to prefer cute girls whereas westerners prefer hot and sexy girls in general.
    But I think there's also variation within Asian countries.
    For instance, in Japan cute and short girls are very popular but not so much in Korea.
    There are Koreans that like short and cute girls but in general Koreans prefer taller girls (but it's not the same as the hot and sexy girls preferred in western countries).

For example, when girls generation first debuted in Japan, I heard that they weren't very popular among Japanese males. Their popularity was limited to Japanese females at first.
    Girls generation didn't appeal to Japanese males at first because they were not the short and cute types common in Japanese girl groups.
    Picture of girls generation:

On the other hand, short and cute types in Korean girl groups who didn't get much attention in Korea tend to get more attention in Japan.
    For instance, Boram from T-ara (the girl I posted in "how old does she look") got more attention than her other members because she's cute and short.
    She's barely 5 feet tall, looks young, and cute. She isn't that popular in Korea but in Japan she got the most attention compared to other members.

Tell us what beauty standard is like in other Asian country. Add some pictures too as an example if it's not too much trouble.
    Also, tell me what you prefer, cute or sexy. I'm kind of in between.
    What about KARA? Arn't they popular in Japan? I don't think KARA are similar to Japanese small and cute standards.

I think beauty standards are quite similar in Baikalia. Big eyes, pale skin, cute.

Gameroom Cash
    $17516
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by SirKoreaTheKorean View Post
    I don't think KARA are similar to Japanese small and cute standards.
    I think they fit the general Japanese preference very well.

Master

Gameroom Cash
    $27566
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by Jindotgae View Post
    ^ Too predictable but nobody "freaked out". It is you who brought it up and if anybody makes a relevant comment, it proves your "point"?

Back on topic, SNSD girls in the OP's example aren't tall except for a couple of members. They just have decent body proportions overall and wear high heels.
    True but the theme they used at first when they debuted in Japanese market is "tall girls with nice long legs". That didn't really appeal that much to Japanese males at first I heard.
    SNSD are not tall but I think they are considered pretty tall compared to other Japanese girl groups.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKoreaTheKorean View Post
    What about KARA? Arn't they popular in Japan? I don't think KARA are similar to Japanese small and cute standards.

I think beauty standards are quite similar in Baikalia. Big eyes, pale skin, cute.
    KARA does project that cute image much more than SNSD. I think that's what worked for them in Japan.
    But I don't know. I'm not Japanese so I don't really know what they prefer in Japan. But from my observation I think it's small and cute types that are preferred more in Japan.
    Last edited by gaon; 04-27-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaon View Post

KARA does project that cute image much more than SNSD. I think that's what worked for them in Japan.
    But I don't know. I'm not Japanese so I don't really know what they prefer in Japan. But from my observation I think it's small and cute types that are preferred more in Japan.
    yea i think you are right.
    Last edited by SirKoreaTheKorean; 04-27-2012 at 08:59 PM.

watching pretty girl is just frustration and pointless. we can't have it anyway.

Master

Gameroom Cash
    $29854
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Male

Girls are in the real world.

some standards for girls are not uncommon across Asian countries such as light skin, straight nose, bright eyes etc
    standards for boys on the other hand have some disparities, E.g, in China, sun honglei is considered attractive by many young girls for his badass looks, I doubt this applies to other Asian countries.
    Last edited by CartmanAndKyle; 04-28-2012 at 07:29 AM.

𝖄𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖑𝖗𝖚𝖘

Gameroom Cash
    $106169
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point

Ethnicity:   𝕳𝖎𝖌𝖍 𝕰𝖑𝖋
    Greenland

Quote Originally Posted by CartmanAndKyle View Post
    some standards for girls are not uncommon across Asian countries such as light skin, straight nose, bright eyes etc
    standards for boys on the other hand have some disparities, E.g, in China, sun honglei is considered attractive by many young girls for his badass looks, I doubt this applies to other Asian countries.
    Whether someone is attractive or not can also be due to composure, how one carries themselves, voice and speech, personality, gait / mannerisms, height and body etc. I have never heard of this actor before, but I imagine he gives off a very masculine vibe, which is probably what the females are attracted to, as opposed to his looks I guess.
    Last edited by thewalrus; 04-28-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Master

Gameroom Cash
    $27566
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by CartmanAndKyle View Post
    I guess light skin, straight nose, bright eyes etc probably are common standards in Asian countries. But which type is more preferred in China, small and cute type or tall and sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Whether someone is attractive or not can also be due to composure, how one carries themselves, voice and speech, personality, gait / mannerisms, height and body etc. I have never heard of this actor before, but I imagine he gives off a very masculine vibe, which is probably what the females are attracted to, as opposed to his looks I guess.
    True. It's not just looks that makes a guy popular among girls. But for girls physical appearance is probably the most important factor that determines their popularity among guys.

Responsible Adult

Gameroom Cash
    $4342
    Rep Point

In Vietnam, they used to like sweet look with long hair like this

Now, the young people are into this, or so it seems