Yo, get on the train!



Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
  1. #61
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by nenabunena View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Filipinos are equal O1 & O3, & Polynesians have the same O3 we have, then why is O1 only considered to be Austronesian?

    Your friend is right. I have friends who look Mestizo but according to them are pure. & there are those who are Mestizo yet don't look it as much or look like a different ethnic group altogether. This is why the Stanford study seems very doubtful to me. But, then again, Austronesians can be white skinned big eyed matangos people, without being mestizos. Yet, some people state that this is an impossibility & they must've gotten it from a recent negrito/papuan ancestor. LOL! I think such claims are usually based on insecurities. Filipinos are an attractive bunch. It becomes even more apparent when you realize how others look in comparison to many Filipinos. It makes sense for insecure trolls to try to bully or belittle that which they are envious of.

    We also have a lot of family gatherings/get togethers. But recently I've been sick with a terrible flu & I'm just getting better. So I've been sleeping up until recently. But I do go swimming & a little biking recently.
    AUSTRONESIANS originated from China. They diverged during the formation of the Chinese Civilization probably during the Yangshao or Longshan culture. So it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE that a few would-be Hans joined the Austronesians in their migration to the South.

    The Original Austronesians might actually even be light skinned, acquiring only brown skin, rounded eyes, and thicker lips after mixing and absorbing the Australoid populations of Taiwan and the Philippines.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  2. #62
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrapdm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, actually the 33% was autosomal DNA. So it means that 33% or one-third of the Filipino genepool is Australoid!
    That's also how Diekenes interprets it...

    I NEVER had any problems categorizing Filipinos and other insular Southeast Asians as some sort of an Asian-Australoid hybrid because of the huge differences of features between the AVERAGE EAST ASIAN versus the AVERAGE INSULAR SOUTHEAST ASIAN...

    Actually, the NORTHERNMOST evidence of Malay influence in the Philippines is the Visayan region. On the other hand, the indigenous Northern Luzon people hardly show Malay influences and mirror pure Austronesian cultural patterns.
    Umm.. No We already addressed this years ago man.. This is why people like you give hobbyists a black-eye. You don't know wtf you're talking about, which is really irritating because Trismegistos and Prau123 both corrected you years ago.. This isn't AF, If you are going to troll I'll ban you.

    1. The purest East Asian is actually Daic natives of Southern China according to actual peer reviewed papers and not 'quick admixture' runs created by hobbyists.

    Notice how the 'least-shifted' towards other racial clusters are not Altaics, but Southern Chinese natives?

    Another Source.. I have plenty (again from real peer reviewed papers)

    2. Dienekes used an Altaic population who are shifted towards Siberians and Caucasians as reference for pure East Asian


    3. He also used a Negrito reference population for his 'Southeast Asian' component. So Jehai would be considered 'pure' Southeast Asian .

    EDIT: In order to see this look at the Jehai in the spreadsheet.. Ask yourself why a Negrito group would be nearly 100% 'Southeast Asian'. Also look at the Zhuang a South China native, why are they ~30% 'Australoid' and/or Negrito when typically S.China natives are the least admixed East Asians?

    4. In the actual HUGO PAN SNP paper, the authors say there was probably an ancient admixture for ALL East Asians, not just Austronesians. As in we all share a common root, not recent admixture. This would also show on FST and PCA results as being much more 'shifted' toward Oceanics. "Australoids" can be as different from each other as black and white people are. If you're going to make such broad sweeping claims, please do your research. I don't want this section to become a source for FALSE information.

    Quote Quote
    I NEVER had any problems categorizing Filipinos and other insular Southeast Asians as some sort of an Asian-Australoid hybrid because of the huge differences of features between the AVERAGE EAST ASIAN versus the AVERAGE INSULAR SOUTHEAST ASIAN...
    Phenotype categorization is not a hard science Southern Amerinds have a similar phenotype to Austronesians despite being descended from Siberians. 10,000 years in a warm climate will tend to give you more 'tropical' features and darker skin
    Last edited by easy772; 03-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  3. #63
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by nenabunena View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you sometimes find it hard to understand all this genetic lingo talk in these papers? Sometimes I feel like I'm reading some manual on computers, another alien language to me!
    At first, but eventually you start picking up a lot. Especially if you follow Dienekes and Razib's blogs. They aren't scientists but long time hobbyists (10 years+ compared to my ~1-2 years ).

    Quote Quote
    Are you Ilokano? I'm from Metro Manila, so I guess that's Tagalog. So we're Tagalogs but I also have Waray & Ilokano ancestry. I honestly don't know any full Filipino from an ethnic group. I think everyone I know is mixed up. They say Ilokanos are stingy but honestly, in our state right now, we need more stingy people!
    Yes Ilokano.. Tbh many do live up to the stereotype

    Quote Quote
    I do laps but I need to take swimming lessons. The last time I took serious lessons was when I took up Milo as a kid, though we also had swimming in PE in College. As a kid I loved to swim, I would get different friends to come with me, eventually they got tired of the whole swimming thing. LOL!
    I used to love to swim as a kid as well! Great exercise and is good training if you play other sports As long as you keep at it, it's good. Some people workout too hard then stop and end up out of shape again.

    Quote Quote
    It stars Mickey Rourke?!!! Wow! Rourke used to be really hot as a young man, he reminded me of a young De Niro then. So, how was the movie? Would you recommend it?
    It's okay. It started out good, but ended up losing me towards the end. Very predictable.

    Quote Quote
    PS. Are we the only 2 Filipinos here?
    There seems to be only 2 at a time! (kind of like the rule of two from Star Wars ) There's been like 10+ total, but they end up bored, that's why I spend most of my time in other sections and just go to pinoyexchange.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  4. #64
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Umm.. No We already addressed this years ago man.. This is why people like you give hobbyists a black-eye. You don't know wtf you're talking about, which is really irritating because Trismegistos and Prau123 both corrected you years ago.. This isn't AF, If you are going to troll I'll ban you.

    1. The purest East Asian is actually Daic natives of Southern China according to actual peer reviewed papers and not 'quick admixture' runs created by hobbyists.

    Notice how the 'least-shifted' towards other racial clusters are not Altaics, but Southern Chinese natives?

    Another Source.. I have plenty (again from real peer reviewed papers)

    2. Dienekes used an Altaic population who are shifted towards Siberians and Caucasians as reference for pure East Asian


    3. He also used a Negrito reference population for his 'Southeast Asian' component. So Jehai would be considered 'pure' Southeast Asian .

    EDIT: In order to see this look at the Jehai in the spreadsheet.. Ask yourself why a Negrito group would be nearly 100% 'Southeast Asian'. Also look at the Zhuang a South China native, why are they ~30% 'Australoid' and/or Negrito when typically S.China natives are the least admixed East Asians?

    4. In the actual HUGO PAN SNP paper, the authors say there was probably an ancient admixture for ALL East Asians, not just Austronesians. As in we all share a common root, not recent admixture. This would also show on FST and PCA results as being much more 'shifted' toward Oceanics. "Australoids" can be as different from each other as black and white people are. If you're going to make such broad sweeping claims, please do your research. I don't want this section to become a source for FALSE information.


    Phenotype categorization is not a hard science Southern Amerinds have a similar phenotype to Austronesians despite being descended from Siberians. 10,000 years in a warm climate will tend to give you more 'tropical' features and darker skin
    Pardon, but upon reading your reply, I can sense SOME UNEASINESS with Filipinos HAVING AUSTRALOID admixtures.

    True, East Asians have Australoid admixtures (although its almost always <5%), compared to the Insular Southeast Asians who have 20% or more.

    I am just using Diekenes' facts and quoting them word per word.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  5. #65
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrapdm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pardon, but upon reading your reply, I can sense SOME UNEASINESS with Filipinos HAVING AUSTRALOID admixtures.

    True, East Asians have Australoid admixtures (although its almost always <5%), compared to the Insular Southeast Asians who have 20% or more.

    I am just using Diekenes' facts and quoting them word per word.
    Not really, Indians are predominantly "Australoid" and are among the most historically successfuly populations to date. I'm just sick of people like you giving other hobbyists a "black eye" by talking out of your ass.

    You can't address my points because you don't understand them well enough. Dienekes is not a scientist and that admixture run was not featured in a published paper, let alone peer reviewed C'mon man I've only been learning about this for ~1 year.. You've been talking your garbage on AsiaFinest for years before that and you still don't know much

    As a matter of fact, Dienekes is often considered to be biased among his peers.

    In actual admixture runs featured in peer reviewed studies, the "Australoid" admixture in Southeast Asians is about the same as the black admixture in Arabs ~5-10%
    register or log in to view signatures!

  6. #66
    Ronin

    Join Date
    Oct 07, 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    490
    Gameroom Cash
    $3657
    Rep Point
    3359
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, Indians are predominantly "Australoid" and are among the most historically successfuly populations to date. I'm just sick of people like you giving other hobbyists a "black eye" by talking out of your ass.

    You can't address my points because you don't understand them well enough. Dienekes is not a scientist and that admixture run was not featured in a published paper, let alone peer reviewed C'mon man I've only been learning about this for ~1 year.. You've been talking your garbage on AsiaFinest for years before that and you still don't know much

    As a matter of fact, Dienekes is often considered to be biased among his peers.

    In actual admixture runs featured in peer reviewed studies, the "Australoid" admixture in Southeast Asians is about the same as the black admixture in Arabs ~5-10%

    You see what this troll is doing Easy? He is so obvious. Isn't there a way to put him on IGNORE? Some sites have this feature.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  7. #67
    meduka meguca

    Join Date
    Jul 30, 2012
    Location
    in good's semen
    Posts
    8,257
    Gameroom Cash
    $67783
    Blog Entries
    14
    Rep Point
    19052
    Rep Power
    40
                                   Male
    desperate ocrapdm
    register or log in to view signatures!

  8. #68
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by nenabunena View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You see what this troll is doing Easy? He is so obvious. Isn't there a way to put him on IGNORE? Some sites have this feature.
    See he's just going to dodge my points and then go to another forum and make the same wild claims about Malays having no connection with Filipinos, Indo-European Y-DNA originating in China and Southeast Asians being recent Australoid hybrids He's been doing that for years!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  9. #69
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 29, 2012
    Posts
    1,304
    Gameroom Cash
    $15399
    Rep Point
    11925
    Rep Power
    17
                                   Female
    Quote Originally Posted by MirandaCosgrove View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    desperate ocrapdm
    is that ejay?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  10. #70
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorNeptune View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is that ejay?
    They thought so on AsiaFinest
    register or log in to view signatures!

  11. #71
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, Indians are predominantly "Australoid" and are among the most historically successfuly populations to date. I'm just sick of people like you giving other hobbyists a "black eye" by talking out of your ass.

    You can't address my points because you don't understand them well enough. Dienekes is not a scientist and that admixture run was not featured in a published paper, let alone peer reviewed C'mon man I've only been learning about this for ~1 year.. You've been talking your garbage on AsiaFinest for years before that and you still don't know much

    As a matter of fact, Dienekes is often considered to be biased among his peers.

    In actual admixture runs featured in peer reviewed studies, the "Australoid" admixture in Southeast Asians is about the same as the black admixture in Arabs ~5-10%
    LOL. Indians are approximately half-Caucasian and half-Australoid. It is primarily paternal caste lineage which is the factor whether a person of Indian origin has more Caucasian (higher castes) versus more Australoid (lower castes).

    Whether 10 or 30%, my objective is to show that Southeast Asians have SOME Australoid ancestry, which you confirmed in your post anyway. Whether you like it or not, the Austronesians absorbed the Australoid populations of the Philippines. They may be Negrito or non-Negrito (e.g., Proto Ainuid, Dumagat, Proto-Papuan, etc.), but the point is that Filipinos are by and large, an ASIAN population with large Australoid admixture. 10% is NOT SMALL.

    As Arabs and Semites are considered "outliers" of the Caucasian race, Southeast Asians, more specifically, Insular Southeast Asians (the ones you call "Malay") are outliers of the Mongolian race. Arabs have 10% Black African, so you say, while Southeast Asians have 10% Australoid.

    In talking about admixture, we go by autosomal DNA, not just Y haplotypes. So even though Filipino haplotypes are O (i.e., Asian), it doesn't mean their entire makeup is "Asian". But then, a recent study confirms that there is "extreme diversity" among Y-chromosomes in the Philippines, with NO OBVIOUS DICHOTOMY between Negrito and Non-Negrito, in terms of Y-DNA.

    http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...g2010162a.html

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  12. #72
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See he's just going to dodge my points and then go to another forum and make the same wild claims about Malays having no connection with Filipinos, Indo-European Y-DNA originating in China and Southeast Asians being recent Australoid hybrids He's been doing that for years!
    What I claimed rather is that between Taiwanese Aboriginals or Malays, Filipinos are MORE RELATED to Taiwanese Aboriginals rather than to Malays, especially Semenanjung Melayu (i.e., Malays of the Peninsula).

    In the Stanford University study, despite utilizing a small-n size, it is still not surprising that Filipino and Ami haplotype frequencies were exactly similar. Also in that study, the haplotype frequencies between Filipinos and Malays are so far!

    Haplotype R originated from CHINA - yes, China. Of course I mean the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China, NOT the Yangtze basin or Yunnan province.

    Southeast Asians are majority ASIANS with SUBSTANTIAL Australoid CONTRIBUTION! So semantically, yes, Southeast Asians are Asians hybridized with Australoids. Now, what's wrong with SEA having Australoid?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  13. #73
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorNeptune View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is that ejay?
    Ejay and most Filipinos deny/absolutely reject Filipinos having any trace of Australoid ancestry, whereas I confirm it using the journal I posted above as support!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  14. #74
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrapdm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. Indians are approximately half-Caucasian and half-Australoid. It is primarily paternal caste lineage which is the factor whether a person of Indian origin has more Caucasian (higher castes) versus more Australoid (lower castes).
    Wrong.. Indian admixture is more associated with geography than class. The highest rates of Caucasian admixture are found in the Jatt class (according to the Harappa ancestry project)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WZzNBMEE#gid=0
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn.../#.UUX20BfMAig

    Even among upper-caste Indians, there is much more Veddoid admixture than Caucasian..

    Quote Quote
    Whether 10 or 30%, my objective is to show that Southeast Asians have SOME Australoid ancestry, which you confirmed in your post anyway. Whether you like it or not, the Austronesians absorbed the Australoid populations of the Philippines. They may be Negrito or non-Negrito (e.g., Proto Ainuid, Dumagat, Proto-Papuan, etc.), but the point is that Filipinos are by and large, an ASIAN population with large Australoid admixture. 10% is NOT SMALL.
    It actually depends where in the Philippines, the further South it's closer to ~10%, but the further North you go the less it gets.

    Quote Quote
    As Arabs and Semites are considered "outliers" of the Caucasian race, Southeast Asians, more specifically, Insular Southeast Asians (the ones you call "Malay") are outliers of the Mongolian race. Arabs have 10% Black African, so you say, while Southeast Asians have 10% Australoid.
    Depends, some Southeast Asians have Veddoid rather than or in addition to Oceanic admixture. "Australoids" can be as genotypically different as white and black people...

    Quote Quote
    In talking about admixture, we go by autosomal DNA, not just Y haplotypes. So even though Filipino haplotypes are O (i.e., Asian), it doesn't mean their entire makeup is "Asian". But then, a recent study confirms that there is "extreme diversity" among Y-chromosomes in the Philippines, with NO OBVIOUS DICHOTOMY between Negrito and Non-Negrito, in terms of Y-DNA.

    http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...g2010162a.html
    No shit, I'm talking about admixture too.

    There is "no obvious dichotomy" because Negritos have mostly Y-DNA O! I just looked over the table, it was about 30% Negrito Y-DNA in Negrito populations. 8% Negrito Y-DNA in non-Negrito. They also included Manobo in non-Negrito populations too.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  15. #75
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrapdm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I claimed rather is that between Taiwanese Aboriginals or Malays, Filipinos are MORE RELATED to Taiwanese Aboriginals rather than to Malays, especially Semenanjung Melayu (i.e., Malays of the Peninsula).
    No you didn't.. You said "Nothing to do with each other"

    Quote Quote
    In the Stanford University study, despite utilizing a small-n size, it is still not surprising that Filipino and Ami haplotype frequencies were exactly similar. Also in that study, the haplotype frequencies between Filipinos and Malays are so far!
    Source?



    Quote Quote
    Haplotype R originated from CHINA - yes, China. Of course I mean the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China, NOT the Yangtze basin or Yunnan province.
    Source?
    It's like me saying that Y-DNA E originated in Australia and then not giving a source.. Y-DNA R and the origin of Indo-European is the most hotly debated marker at this point. I've never heard a China origin theory... Infraction until you come up with peer-reviewed study showing this.

    Quote Quote
    Southeast Asians are majority ASIANS with SUBSTANTIAL Australoid CONTRIBUTION! So semantically, yes, Southeast Asians are Asians hybridized with Australoids. Now, what's wrong with SEA having Australoid?
    Depends on which Southeast Asian population your talking about.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  16. #76
    Teenager

    Join Date
    Oct 13, 2012
    Location
    菲律賓
    Posts
    147
    Gameroom Cash
    $1358
    Rep Point
    160
    Rep Power
    4
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wrong.. Indian admixture is more associated with geography than class. The highest rates of Caucasian admixture are found in the Jatt class (according to the Harappa ancestry project)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WZzNBMEE#gid=0
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn.../#.UUX20BfMAig

    Even among upper-caste Indians, there is much more Veddoid admixture than Caucasian.. .
    LOL. Various studies indicate either geography or class, but in India it is not a secret that those who live in the North tend to be richer and are members of the upper castes, while those who live in the South tend to be poorer and are members of the lower castes. Even in linguistics, Indo-European languages dominate the North and Dravidian Languages in the south.

    An article outlining many studies purporting caste-based genetics in India's Caucasoid vs. Australoid dichotomy
    http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1812/18120840.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It actually depends where in the Philippines, the further South it's closer to ~10%, but the further North you go the less it gets..
    OR RATHER, the 10% may be an "average", with more Australoid mixes in the South (i.e., >10%), while in North Luzon, (<10%).
    BUT even in the first Philippine journal detailing Y-DNA of the Philippine peoples, EVEN among the Ivatan of Batanes, at least 25% of their males have an "Australoid haplotype" - that is, having a Y-DNA Haplotype C or K.

    Lest I give you another reason to give me an "infraction", here's the link:
    Reference: http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...g2010162a.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends, some Southeast Asians have Veddoid rather than or in addition to Oceanic admixture. "Australoids" can be as genotypically different as white and black people... .
    In Southeast Asia, Veddoid influence is limited to Sumatra and a few outer islands of Indonesia. Many inhabitants of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam in Sumatra look Dravidoid. But for the rest, Oceanic Australoid is the rule, rather than the exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy772 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No shit, I'm talking about admixture too.

    There is "no obvious dichotomy" because Negritos have mostly Y-DNA O! I just looked over the table, it was about 30% Negrito Y-DNA in Negrito populations. 8% Negrito Y-DNA in non-Negrito. They also included Manobo in non-Negrito populations too.
    There is NO OBVIOUS DICHOTOMY because BOTH Negrito and Non-Negrito CAN PRESENT WITH EITHER East Asian Haplotype (O) and Australoid Haplotype (C and K)!!!

    To quote: "many surveys of human Y-chromosome diversity that the Taiwanese aborigines and many Filipino populations display the mutation that defines Y-chromosome Haplogroup O1a at an unusually high frequency. Populations of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Polynesia display very different distributions of Y-chromosome diversity. West-Central Indonesians and Malaysians tend to display a rather high frequency of Haplogroup O2a Y-chromosomes, which are otherwise typical of Austro-Asiatic-speaking peoples of continental Southeast Asia and South Asia. East Indonesians and Polynesians, on the other hand, are very clearly peoples of mixed ancestry resulting from the hybridization of Malayo-Polynesian-speaking invaders and autochthonous Papua-Melanesian peoples. Micronesians are a very mixed bag, apparently reflecting influences from both post-hybridization, Oceanic-speaking proto-Polynesians and from some population closely related to modern Filipinos. One fact that I think is very important to point out to people is that the "unusual" features of East Indonesians and Polynesians are not characteristic of the original proto-Austronesians, who appear to have been a rather typical East Asian race bearing a close resemblance to peoples of China; the non-Mongoloid features of East Indonesians and Polynesians are simply the result of their ancestors' having intermarried with Melanesoid-Australoid populations in antiquity and with European colonists in more recent times" - in a talk page of a Wikipedia article.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

  17. #77
    Good-Bye

    Join Date
    Mar 16, 2013
    Posts
    447
    Gameroom Cash
    $3669
    Rep Point
    8850
    Rep Power
    0
    Sometimes, I have an urge to facepalm whenever ocrapdm speaks. Maybe make that all the time.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  18. #78
    All Men Are Brothers

    Join Date
    Mar 06, 2012
    Posts
    8,104
    Gameroom Cash
    $56086
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Point
    20975
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by ocrapdm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. Various studies indicate either geography or class, but in India it is not a secret that those who live in the North tend to be richer and are members of the upper castes, while those who live in the South tend to be poorer and are members of the lower castes. Even in linguistics, Indo-European languages dominate the North and Dravidian Languages in the south.

    An article outlining many studies purporting caste-based genetics in India's Caucasoid vs. Australoid dichotomy
    http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1812/18120840.htm
    Do you notice that article came out in 2001 before the completion of the human genome project? That means they knew very little about autosomal (total) genetic makeup before 2003.

    Do you also notice the site I linked includes Upper-Caste Brahmin from the South, the correlation is stronger geography-Veddoid mixture than caste-Veddoid mixture... Also the highest amount of Caucasian blood is in a peasant caste.

    If you look at the sources I posted, they're post 2003.



    Quote Quote
    OR RATHER, the 10% may be an "average", with more Australoid mixes in the South (i.e., >10%), while in North Luzon, (<10%).
    No, the most comprehensive study done on the Filipino genome was the HUGO one.. Northern Filipinos actually have ~3% and the 10% among Visayans was very 'generous' on my part.


    Quote Quote
    BUT even in the first Philippine journal detailing Y-DNA of the Philippine peoples, EVEN among the Ivatan of Batanes, at least 25% of their males have an "Australoid haplotype" - that is, having a Y-DNA Haplotype C or K.

    Lest I give you another reason to give me an "infraction", here's the link:
    Reference: http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...g2010162a.html
    Link to table here
    Non-Negrito groups K=0.08 or 8%, C= 0.07 or 7%
    Ivatan C=0.17 or 17%, K= 0


    So now you link to papers but don't even get the numbers right? How is that any better?




    Quote Quote
    In Southeast Asia, Veddoid influence is limited to Sumatra and a few outer islands of Indonesia. Many inhabitants of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam in Sumatra look Dravidoid. But for the rest, Oceanic Australoid is the rule, rather than the exception.
    False again
    Source from a peer reviewed paper? I've provided mine from the HUGO PAN SNP.

    Blatantly spreading misinformation about other people's races is incendiary. It won't be tolerated here.. It's no different than me going to Chinese chat with all those "Manchurian are the real Han blogs".. Your next post better include a peer-reviewed source, post 2003, that shows that Veddoid/South Asian autosomal DNA is "limited to Sumatra and a few outer islands of Indonesia. AND that Oceanic-Australoid is the general rule elsewhere."

    Veddoid-Australoid type is actually more frequent in MSEA than ISEA and is actually very common, in fact Southeast Asians in general are much more shifted towards Veddoid-Australoids than Oceanic-Australoids. You can see this in the genes & geography study I linked earlier and the HUGO study. Also historically there has been extensive contact between them and us in historic times.

    Many have theorized that there was a Veddoid exodus to Southeast Asia at the time of the Bronze Age. It would make sense but there has been no paper on this. It's just a guess of the people with backgrounds in the field. (See that's called being careful not to take people's assumptions and call them fact)




    Quote Quote
    There is NO OBVIOUS DICHOTOMY because BOTH Negrito and Non-Negrito CAN PRESENT WITH EITHER East Asian Haplotype (O) and Australoid Haplotype (C and K)!!!
    Well, even though the study you linked worded it like "no obvious dichotomy", The data shows that Negrito have ~50% non-East Asian Y-DNA and non-Negrito have ~15%.

    Btw, do you realize how retarded the last exchange was?
    You: You know I'm talking about Autosomal DNA (Total genomic makeup) right?
    Me: No shit, me too
    You: Links study to a Y-DNA study (paternal DNA only)


    hint: Y-DNA is often misleading...
    Greeks have very high instances of Y-DNA E (typically African), but their total makeup is mostly Caucasian.

    Japanese have high instances of Y-DNA D(typically Andamese-Australoid) but their total makeup is predominantly East Eurasian

    Polynesians have high instances of various Australoid Y-DNA but are predominantly Austronesian by their total genetic makeup.

    You're reaching bro...

    Quote Quote
    To quote: "many surveys of human Y-chromosome diversity that the Taiwanese aborigines and many Filipino populations display the mutation that defines Y-chromosome Haplogroup O1a at an unusually high frequency. Populations of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Polynesia display very different distributions of Y-chromosome diversity. West-Central Indonesians and Malaysians tend to display a rather high frequency of Haplogroup O2a Y-chromosomes, which are otherwise typical of Austro-Asiatic-speaking peoples of continental Southeast Asia and South Asia. East Indonesians and Polynesians, on the other hand, are very clearly peoples of mixed ancestry resulting from the hybridization of Malayo-Polynesian-speaking invaders and autochthonous Papua-Melanesian peoples. Micronesians are a very mixed bag, apparently reflecting influences from both post-hybridization, Oceanic-speaking proto-Polynesians and from some population closely related to modern Filipinos. One fact that I think is very important to point out to people is that the "unusual" features of East Indonesians and Polynesians are not characteristic of the original proto-Austronesians, who appear to have been a rather typical East Asian race bearing a close resemblance to peoples of China; the non-Mongoloid features of East Indonesians and Polynesians are simply the result of their ancestors' having intermarried with Melanesoid-Australoid populations in antiquity and with European colonists in more recent times" - in a talk page of a Wikipedia article.
    A talk page of a wiki article isn't a peer reviewed study.

    Dude, don't you get embarrassed? I mean, I know I'm only a hobbyist.. But at least I make effort to cite everything I put forth with at least a published study OR if it's not I at least do a disclaimer. I really get sick of guys like you who spread misinformation either out of either ignorance on the topic BUT at the same time act as if you're some expert on the topic..
    Last edited by easy772; 03-18-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: red text.. I'm sick of dealing with this shit.. support your assumptions or be banned.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  19. #79
    Elder

    Join Date
    Mar 24, 2013
    Location
    Malang, Indonesia
    Posts
    1,380
    Gameroom Cash
    $10659
    Rep Point
    3588
    Rep Power
    8
                                   Male
    Filipino Catholics look like Latin American just because they're Spanish and American-influenced. Look at Bangsamoro people, they look like Indonesians and Malaysians.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  20. #80
    Responsible Adult

    Join Date
    Jul 31, 2012
    Location
    Known Universe
    Posts
    600
    Gameroom Cash
    $4013
    Alien Attack Champion! Apples Champion! Arkanoid Champion! Asteroids Champion! Balloon Bomber Champion! Bat Punch Champion! Big Bird Hunting Champion! Bomb Blast Champion! Breakout Champion! Bubble Trouble Champion! Burger Time Champion! Capture The Flag Champion! Cell-Out Champion! Classic Donkey Kong Champion! Crazy Cars Champion! Curveball Champion! Disc Dash Champion! Eggs Champion! El Emigrante Champion! Enemy Shooting Champion! Eskiv Champion! Fall Down Champion! Fishing Impossible Champion! Fishwater Challenge Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Fly Shoot Champion! Fun Santa Champion! Fun Surfing Champion! Gary Golf Champion! Ghost 2000 Champion! Girl Power Champion! Goo Slasher Champion! Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion! Hit the Mole Champion! Home Run Champion! Icecream Blowout Champion! Jail Break Champion! Jukebox Hero Champion! Killer Bob Champion! Lane Bowling Champion! Lift Champion! Mac Man Champion! Magic Ball Champion! Mini KickUps Champion! Monkey Diving Champion! Monkey Jump Champion! Mosquito Kill Champion! Ms Pacman Champion! My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion! Othello Champion! Pacman Champion! Pedestrian Killer Champion! Pere Noel Killer Champion! Plasmanaut on Fire Champion! Rocket Racer MX Champion! Roller Blaze Champion! Rope Walker Champion! Run Sam Run Champion! Sack Smash Champion! Simpsons Shooter Champion! Skate Boarder Champion! Skate Park Champion! Space Hunter Champion! Space Rescue Champion! spankthemonkey Champion! Sperm Wars Champion! Spy Hunter Champion! Starcastle Champion! Starship Legend Champion! Submarine Champion! Super Fishing Champion! Takion Champion! Target Champion! Twelve Swap Champion! Watch Out Champion! Xmas-Boarding Champion! Zelda Champion! Zoo Keeper Champion! Mini Pool 2 Champion! Quick Shot Champion! Slack Man Champion! Mouse Kill Champion! Treasure Diver Champion! The Streaker Champion! Squid Hunter Champion! Mario Catcher Champion! QB Challenge Champion! Homeland Defense Champion! Snake Shooter Champion! Ice Racer Champion! Paintball Champion! Roach Kill Champion! Mission To Mars Champion! Pin Headz Champion! Pogo Panic Champion! Missle Strike Champion! TIE Fighter Shooter Champion! UFO Shoot Out Champion! War In Iraq Champion! Sonny Sunshine Champion! Minigolf Champion! Skeleton Park Champion! Super Hacky Sack Champion! Ice Hockey Champion! jetpacker Champion! Karts Champion! Jawashoot Champion! Kaboom Champion! Population Tire Champion! Tritryst Champion! Money Money Money Champion! SAM Site Champion! Magatack Champion! Soap Bubble Champion! Donkey Rocket Champion! Ratman Ralph Champion! Lost Your Marbles? Champion! Ping Champion! Speedy Thief Champion! Shoot The Gatso Champion! Red Beard Champion! Penguin Pass Champion! Ollie Skates Champion! Tontie Champion!
    Rep Point
    1964
    Rep Power
    7
                                   Male
    Quote Originally Posted by nenabunena View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Filipinos are equal O1 & O3, & Polynesians have the same O3 we have, then why is O1 only considered to be Austronesian?

    Your friend is right. I have friends who look Mestizo but according to them are pure. & there are those who are Mestizo yet don't look it as much or look like a different ethnic group altogether. This is why the Stanford study seems very doubtful to me. But, then again, Austronesians can be white skinned big eyed matangos people, without being mestizos. Yet, some people state that this is an impossibility & they must've gotten it from a recent negrito/papuan ancestor. LOL! I think such claims are usually based on insecurities. Filipinos are an attractive bunch. It becomes even more apparent when you realize how others look in comparison to many Filipinos. It makes sense for insecure trolls to try to bully or belittle that which they are envious of.

    We also have a lot of family gatherings/get togethers. But recently I've been sick with a terrible flu & I'm just getting better. So I've been sleeping up until recently. But I do go swimming & a little biking recently.
    My understanding is that O1 originates in Southern China where the Austronesians originate from, and that O3 (as Easy772 mentioned) originates in Southeast Asia. It's likely that as the Austronesian languages migrated from Southern China to Island Southeast Asia and then Oceania, they picked up O3. We have to remember that both O1 and O3 are Y-DNA haplogroups that are strictly inherited through our paternal line. Austronesian culture was likely and mostly matrilineal and matrilocal inviting foreign males to marry their women hence why foreign Y-DNA entered the Austronesian gene pool such as O3, but also several K subclades for Polynesians. They inherited those K subclades from the Papuan groups in Near Oceania. O1 simply became less and less common as Austronesians migrated further from their point of origin. If we follow mtDNA which is inherited from the maternal line, we notice that mtDNA B which originates in mainland Asia is the predominant mtDNA in Polynesia in the form of B4a1a1a (the Polynesian motif), again this is consistent with Austronesian culture being primarily a matrilineal and matrilocal society and thus preserving the maternal line, ie. mtDNA.

    + 2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Prau123; 05-25-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Us

    "EastBound88.com is your premier portal for news and discussion on Asian traditions, contemporary culture, history and politics. Catch up on current events, chat with friends, watch a movie, have a serious debate or hang out in the arcade! Thank you for visiting and enjoy your stay."
EastBound

Quick Links

Follow Us on


Content Managed by
  • EastBound © 2012