Yo, get on the train!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Legend

Gameroom Cash
    $40338
    Rep Point
    Male

But it amplifies it.

If a white American guy goes to Europe and start dressing like a Frenchman he'd look Frenchman than say...a Mexican.

If I dress like a thug, people will think I'm ghetto (even if I'm not).

LOL Common sense.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    register or log in to view signatures!

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Ghost Typing Champion! Qwerty Champion!
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

what just happened to this thread? lol

Ok, about the Indonesian JKT48 groups, I don't watch them regularly but I recall that once Lizard sent a page of their pictures and asked me whether they looked Vietnamese, I looked at their faces closely and thought only a few looked East Asian while the rest looked Southeast Asian. So no, they don't really look Japanese, they are attractive in their own ethnic look.

A lot of the girls DNP posted, to be fair, don't look entirely East Asian either, they got their own unique Malay look. But the girls he specifically loves to repost 1000000000 times just look straight up Chinese. Not even uniquely Malay.

The Vietnamese teen girls don't look entirely Korean either. Far from it. Their faces are generally very telltale of Vietnamese (you can ask MrC and Weimer to distinguish, they're experts ) though they dress up in Korean styles.

From the pictures seen so far. I don't see how Malaysian would be closer to Filipinos than to Indonesian, and I don't see any huge difference between the three groups either.

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

http://www.eastbound88.com/showthrea...rs-can-post)-)

^ To be clear, taken from the above threads, the faces that I think look uniquely Malay (meaning they don't generally look Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Viet or Thai) are

the one that looks straight up chinese

but of course ejay will say they all look the same. His perception of Asian phenotypes is like that a white person.

Prisoners

Gameroom Cash
    $14839
    Rep Point
    Male

Quote Originally Posted by Doraemon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Ok, about the Indonesian JKT48 groups, I don't watch them regularly but I recall that once Lizard sent a page of their pictures and asked me whether they looked Vietnamese, I looked at their faces closely and thought only a few looked East Asian while the rest looked Southeast Asian. So no, they don't really look Japanese, they are attractive in their own ethnic look.

A lot of the girls DNP posted, to be fair, don't look entirely East Asian either, they got their own unique Malay look. But the girls he specifically loves to repost 1000000000 times just look straight up Chinese. Not even uniquely Malay.

The Vietnamese teen girls don't look entirely Korean either. Far from it. Their faces are generally very tale-tell of Vietnamese (you can ask MrC and Weimer to distinguish, they're experts ) though they dress up in Korean styles.

From the pictures seen so far. I don't see how Malaysian would be closer to Filipinos than to Indonesian, and I don't see any huge difference between the three groups either.
    Well at least I got the "when malays/filipinos look ea they look chinese" part right

Prisoners

Gameroom Cash
    $14839
    Rep Point
    Male

http://www.eastbound88.com/showthrea...rs-can-post)-)

^ To be clear, taken from the above threads, the faces that I think look uniquely Malay (meaning they don't generally look Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Viet or Thai) are

the one that looks straight up chinese

but of course ejay will say they all look the same. His perception of Asian phenotypes is like that a white person.
    Last 2 are just malay Who happen to look ea
    I am not prejudice to any of my austronesian brothers/sisters looks

Legend

Gameroom Cash
    $40338
    Rep Point
    Male

Offtopic

I'm not saying they're copycat, I'm saying why they would resemble Koreans.

Vietnamese obviously share a lot of features with Koreans, albeit of course they are distinctly different there are Vietnamese that may pass as Koreans and Koreans, Vietnamese etc. But I can see why they could be mistaken for "Koreans" by someone if they dance and act like Koreans (imitating Korean pop)...and more than say...white people who if they copied and speak Korean down the minute details, obviously not very many are going to think that they are "Koreans" because white people are worlds away from their look.

And really I'm simply averting Ejay's subjective view---I mean he doesn't even have proof of distinction why Pinoys and Malays with EA looks look more Korean while Indos with Japanese with the exception of using Indo girls who do imitate Japanese girls to begin with LOL

Prisoners

Gameroom Cash
    $14839
    Rep Point
    Male

Quote Originally Posted by McDreamyMD View Post
    Offtopic

I'm not saying they're copycat, I'm saying why they would resemble Koreans.

Vietnamese obviously share a lot of features with Koreans, albeit of course they are distinctly different there are Vietnamese that may pass as Koreans and Koreans, Vietnamese etc. But I can see why they could be mistaken for "Koreans" by someone if they dance and act like Koreans (imitating Korean pop)...and more than say...white people who if they copied and speak Korean down the minute details, obviously not very many are going to think that they are "Koreans" because white people are worlds away from their look.

And really I'm simply averting Ejay's subjective view---I mean he doesn't even have proof of distinction why Pinoys and Malays with EA looks look more Korean while Indos with Japanese with the exception of using Indo girls who do imitate Japanese girls to begin with LOL
    I distinctly said chinese

Legend

Gameroom Cash
    $40338
    Rep Point
    Male

Okay. Still the point stands where did that distinction come from?

And outside of your subjective views, where's the evidence that EA looking Indonesians are distinctly different from Malays and Pinoys?

And they look more "Japanese" than "Chinese"?

Last edited by McDreamyMD; 09-10-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Prisoners

Gameroom Cash
    $14839
    Rep Point
    Male

Quote Originally Posted by McDreamyMD View Post
    Okay. Still the point stands where did that distinction come from?

And outside of your subjective views, where's the evidence that EA looking Indonesians are distinctly different from Malays and Pinoys?

And they look more "Japanese" than "Chinese"?
    Maybe cuz filipinos who look ea have the almond shaped Monolids eyes....and the indonesians who look ea have the double eyelids

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

McDreamy, no worries. I was not angry at you. I was responding to Ejay's comments.

Anyway, while we're on it

here are some telltale features of Asian groups from my view (consider the attractive ones)

Chinese: A bit squinty, slanted eyes, angular jaw and V-line chin

Real examples:

For more examples: look at Zhang Ziyi, Zhang Zilin, Gong Li, Li Bing Bing, Lin Chi Ling, Zhou Xun, Liu Yifei etc.

Korean: Eyes are horizontal, not slanted like Chinese. Chins are less sharp, jaws are less angular. Cheeks are more puffy than Chinese.

Real examples

for more examples, just go look at korean actresses heh

Japanese: cheekbones are high and large but also puffed. The nose bridge is large and more visible between the eyes. There's something particular about the Japanese eyes that I can't articulate it, maybe the inner corners are smaller than the outer corners. Chins are sharper than Korean but not as sharp as Chinese.

Real examples:

@MrC; Did I get them right?

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

Vietnamese: Generally rounder face than Korean, Japanese, and Chinese. Eyes are horizontal like Koreans but larger. Cheeks are lower and puffy.

Ex:

Lao and Thailand: characteristic narrow oblong face, cheekbones further from eyes compared to Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese and Japanese. Orbits are lower (eyebrows closer to the eyes). Eyes are not squinty but slanted like Chinese.

Ex:

Top is Lao. Bottom two are Thai.

Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines - I haven't looked at it extensively and made a morph but here's my impression: Ignoring skin tone. The eyes are slightly deeper than other Asians. The eyebrows are close to the eyes just like Thai and Lao. Eyebrows could be darker. Eyelids are clearer. Eyes are large, very opened, and generally horizontal.

First is Indonesian. Bottom two are Filipinos.

@Sumpit; @McDreamyMD; opinion? input?

There are considerable overlap in phenotype among all countries.

''OWNER'' A.K.A 1R0N_M4N_XL

Gameroom Cash
    $67439
    Rep Point
    Male

Ethnicity:   PNOY-yorker!
    United-States Philippines

The Vietnamese teen girls don't look entirely Korean either. Far from it. Their faces are generally very telltale of Vietnamese (you can ask MrC and Weimer to distinguish, they're experts ) though they dress up in Korean styles.

the difference with japanese and koreans is that japanese look ''some what ''south east asian

the difference with filipinos and malaysians, indonesians.. is that filipinos are ""some what" more oriental looking than our malay & indonesian brothers//

on top of that.. FILIPINOS look different from each other!!!

^ pinoy children ^_^

Last edited by The BIG BOSS; 09-10-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Gameroom Cash
    $67439
    Rep Point
    Male

indonesian kids

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

Honestly they're kids, their features haven't developed yet. I can't tell any difference between kids.

Gameroom Cash
    $67439
    Rep Point
    Male

Honestly they're kids, their features haven't developed yet. I can't tell any difference between kids.
    i love KIDS ^_^ dats why!! .. tommorow lets compare hot pinay girls vs malay and indonesian girls ^_^

meanwhile here's a picture of my family..
    ]Doraemon

deleted pix

^ see my cousins is as light skin as the girls that ejay parades in the internet ... LOL
    @gaon there is a difference with koreans and japanese.
    there is also a difference with filipinos, malays and indonesians.. can you tell?

filipinos= austronesians that look somewhat oriental
    malays/ indonesians= austronesian that look somewhat indian.

Last edited by The BIG BOSS; 09-16-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Gameroom Cash
    $58865
    Rep Point

Ethnicity:   Chinese
    Olympics

Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim are not allow to eat in Chinese Restaurant while Filipinos can.
    Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim hardliner like to label Singapore the Israel of South East Asian while Filipinos never used this label ,am i right @IronMaN.
    Go back to China or lu balik Cina or balik Tongsan was common used to insult the Chinese by Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim hardliner.
    Indonesia are the only ASEAN nation to play in World Cup 1938 while Malaysia and Filipino have never qualify before.
    Football and Badminton was Malaysia and Indonesia main sport while Filipino less interest in football and badminton.
    Malaysia and Indonesia both have May riot ,Malaysia in 1969 while Indonesia in 1998 and both riot was Muslims against Chinese and Non Muslim .
    Last edited by galvatron prime; 09-10-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Prisoners

Gameroom Cash
    $14839
    Rep Point
    Male

Vietnamese: Generally rounder face than Korean, Japanese, and Chinese. Eyes are horizontal like Koreans but larger. Cheeks are lower and puffy.

Ex:

Lao and Thailand: characteristic narrow oblong face, cheekbones further from eyes compared to Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese and Japanese. Orbits are lower (eyebrows closer to the eyes). Eyes are not squinty but slanted like Chinese.

Ex:

Top is Lao. Bottom two are Thai.

Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines - I haven't looked at it extensively and made a morph but here's my impression: Ignoring skin tone. The eyes are slightly deeper than other Asians. The eyebrows are close to the eyes just like Thai and Lao. Eyebrows could be darker. Eyelids are clearer. Eyes are large, very opened, and generally horizontal.

First is Indonesian. Bottom two are Filipinos.

@Sumpit; @McDreamyMD; opinion? input?

There are considerable overlap in phenotype among all countries.
    How would you classify this pinay

Elder

Gameroom Cash
    $15437
    Rep Point
    Male

Ethnicity:   Javanese
    Indonesia

LOL @DNP. Not all JKT48 members look East Asian.

Gameroom Cash
    $67439
    Rep Point
    Male

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron prime View Post
    Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim are not allow to eat in Chinese Restaurant while Filipinos can.
    Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim hardliner like to label Singapore the Israel of South East Asian while Filipinos never used this label ,am i right @<b><a href="http://www.eastbound88.com/member.php?u=1274" target="_blank">IronMaN</a></b>.
    Go back to China or lu balik Cina or balik Tongsan was common used to insult the Chinese by Malaysia and Indonesia Muslim hardliner.
    Indonesia are the only ASEAN nation to play in World Cup 1938 while Malaysia and Filipino have never qualify before.
    Football and Badminton was Malaysia and Indonesia main sport while Filipino less interest in football and badminton.
    Malaysia and Indonesia both have May riot ,Malaysia in 1969 while Indonesia in 1998 and both riot was Muslims against Chinese and Non Muslim .
    LOL...

malays don't consider chinese as malays.. but chinese has been in philippines 500 years before portugese or spain discovered philippines.. southern chinese are integrated and seen as filipinos in philippines..
    you will never hear filipino says ( go back to china!!)

the most iconic filipino of all time has chinese ancestry. our ipresident and national heroes who fought spain, american has some sort of chinese ancestry.

@galvatron prime

Last edited by The BIG BOSS; 09-10-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Melting Snowflakes

Gameroom Cash
    $91620
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point
    Female

Quote Originally Posted by DNP View Post
    How would you classify this pinay
    http://i62.tinypic.com/33xagq0.jpg