Yo, get on the train!

Have any of you suffered an injury serious enough to get hospitalized?

Several weeks ago I slipped on icy ground and suffered acute compression fracture in the vertebrae(bones in the spine). It was the first time in my life that I was admitted to a hospital and I got stuck there for two weeks, Unable to move except roll around on the bed for two weeks, never in my life have I felt so powerless. Now, I can sit up, stand and walk around using a "TLSO" that supports my spine. Doctor says I have to do this for another month. Simply put, it's really shitty. So I was wondering if anyone else went though the same experience of being sick enough to get admitted to a hospital, and what their experiences were like.

BTW, the TLSO:
    register or log in to view signatures!

Transient Orca Chat with me

Gameroom Cash
    $51042
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point

Ethnicity:   Tabghach / 拓拔 / Chuvash
    Hong-Kong Taiwan Singapore

I broke my radius or was it my ulna, can't remember exactly due to a motorcycle accident once, and it required hospitalization and surgery, but the hospital stay wasn't long.

Gameroom Cash
    $193670
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point

Ethnicity:   Chinese in a Chinese body

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon

PrinceValiant
    Guest Chat with me

Wow, hope you get healed up soon.

I didn't venture outside for a week during this past winter storm.

Supreme Moderator Chat with me

Gameroom Cash
    $26623
    Rep Point
    Female

omg, feel better!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks ppl for the support. And always be careful of ice. One fall and you might break a bone or bones.

Quote Originally Posted by DWuji View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I broke my radius or was it my ulna, can't remember exactly due to a motorcycle accident once, and it required hospitalization and surgery, but the hospital stay wasn't long.
    Recovery from surgery is a lot quicker. In my case, the treatment is natural healing without surgery.

Gameroom Cash
    $51042
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by cydevil View Post
    Thanks ppl for the support. And always be careful of ice. One fall and you might break a bone or bones.

Recovery from surgery is a lot quicker. In my case, the treatment is natural healing without surgery.
    And I only broke one bone...hope you recover asap.

Walking on snow could be quite treacherous - I was walking at a slow regular pace in Lynn Canyon not too long ago without any drama, when all of a sudden in a split second I fell backward, hitting the back of my head on the icy ground, amazingly enough, I got back up straight after with no more than a dazed feeling.

PrinceValiant
    Guest Chat with me

I was told you have to walk like a penguin to prevent falling on ice.

Gameroom Cash
    $51042
    Blog Entries
    Rep Point

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceValiant View Post
    Do you mean walking with a 'toe in' where the feet point toward each other?

Master Chat with me

Gameroom Cash
    $24800
    Rep Point
    Male

In Asian cities, with the nutty obsession of folks in commercial premises with porcelain-smooth flooring, somewhere mundane like a hotel bathroom can be pretty hazardous too. Several months back, I was just stepping out of the bath-tub, where the shower head was like overhead, after finishing my shower one morning. The bath-tub was like built over after the whole bathroom had been finished & fitted, so the bath-tub floor kind of became like 3 or 4 inches higher than the actual bathroom floor.

It had never even nearly happened to me before, so I was like a bit hasty, being a bit late for work. And when I was like attempting to touch the bathroom floor with one foot, while kind of thinking & acting like it was the same level as the bath-tub floor, I lost my balance completely from the bathroom tile floor, smooth that it already was, now being all wet & watery. My right foot just like slid forward, followed by my left foot, and I was like falling backward like a sack of potatoes on my back & head.

I was much more concerned about possibly injuring my back, but the only thing I cud do in desperation was try to break my fall a bit with my elbows (my right elbow is in fact still hurting a little from that impact now). My head then hit the bathroom wall. I felt & heard like a little cracking kind of sound, and I was really worried that my skull had fractured or something.

When I got up, I felt the back of my head for pain or blood. Nothing of that sort there. Even in the evening, I cud only feel a very slight bruise. I was relieved. Possibly it was the wall tile that fractured a little on the inside, the sensation of which I had felt & heard, rather than my own skull, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DWuji View Post
    And I only broke one bone...hope you recover asap.

Walking on snow could be quite treacherous - I was walking at a slow regular pace in Lynn Canyon not too long ago without any drama, when all of a sudden in a split second I fell backward, hitting the back of my head on the icy ground, amazingly enough, I got back up straight after with no more than a dazed feeling.
    Ouch. In my case, I fell on my ass and the shock went straight through the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceValiant View Post
    That's actually a good idea. I'll try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhunter View Post
    In Asian cities, with the nutty obsession of folks in commercial premises with porcelain-smooth flooring, somewhere mundane like a hotel bathroom can be pretty hazardous too. Several months back, I was just stepping out of the bath-tub, where the shower head was like overhead, after finishing my shower one morning. The bath-tub was like built over after the whole bathroom had been finished & fitted, so the bath-tub floor kind of became like 3 or 4 inches higher than the actual bathroom floor.

It had never even nearly happened to me before, so I was like a bit hasty, being a bit late for work. And when I was like attempting to touch the bathroom floor with one foot, while kind of thinking & acting like it was the same level as the bath-tub floor, I lost my balance completely from the bathroom tile floor, smooth that it already was, now being all wet & watery. My right foot just like slid forward, followed by my left foot, and I was like falling backward like a sack of potatoes on my back & head.

I was much more concerned about possibly injuring my back, but the only thing I cud do in desperation was try to break my fall a bit with my elbows (my right elbow is in fact still hurting a little from that impact now). My head then hit the bathroom wall. I felt & heard like a little cracking kind of sound, and I was really worried that my skull had fractured or something.

When I got up, I felt the back of my head for pain or blood. Nothing of that sort there. Even in the evening, I cud only feel a very slight bruise. I was relieved. Possibly it was the wall tile that fractured a little on the inside, the sensation of which I had felt & heard, rather than my own skull, LOL.
    That sound painful. A lot of people get injured in their bathrooms.
    Last edited by cydevil; 03-24-2017 at 12:58 AM.